There are several ways to request your tax return transcript – the IRS does not charge to provide a return transcript to you.
Request from the IRS Website:
- Available at www.irs.gov, Get My Tax Record
- You will have a choice of – “Get Transcript Online” or “Get Transcript by Mail”
- When using “Get Transcript Online”, the return transcript is available for printing immediately after establishing an account with the IRS, which requires certain unique personal identifiers. Establishing an account takes approximately 15 minutes and there is no cost.
- When using “Get Transcript by Mail”, a return transcript can be delivered to the address on the tax return within 5 to 10 days.
- Read the descriptions and select the option that works best for you.
- Be sure to request a “RETURN TRANSCRIPT” – the account transcript cannot be used
- Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
- You must follow the prompts to enter your Social Security Number and address.
- Select "Option 2" to request an IRS Return Transcript and then enter the year of the return.
- If successfully validated, you can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address used in the request within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives the request.
- IRS Tax Transcripts requested by phone cannot be sent directly to GRCC.
Paper Request Form - 4506-T IRS Tax Return Transcript Request
- Go to http://www.grcc.edu/financialaidscholarships/forms
- Choose the correct financial aid year and click on it
- Click on “4506-T IRS Tax Return Transcript” and open the form
- Type in your information – you must include your full SSN or ITIN
- The IRS will reject any forms with whiteout, corrections, or alterations of any kind
- Print, sign and date, and fax or mail to the appropriate IRS Service Center on page 2 of the form
Allow up to 30 days for receipt of the return transcript in the mail.