If you meet any of the conditions below, you are considered an independent student and will not need to provide parent information on your financial aid application (FAFSA).
- 24 years old or older by December 31 of the fall semester of the academic year you are applying for aid
- Currently married
- Veteran or active military duty
- Have children who receive more than half of their financial support from you
- Both parents are deceased*
- Anytime after the age of 13 you were in foster care
- Ward of court until age 18*
- Emancipated minor, homeless youth, live in emergency shelter or transitional program or housing funded by HUD.
- A court appointed someone as your legal guardian.*
*These students will need to document their status.