The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Grand Rapids Community College. The award recognizes former Grand Rapids Community College or Grand Rapids Junior College students who through their distinction in their chosen field of endeavor, service to society, and dedication and loyalty to the college, exemplify the core values of Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Responsiveness, and Sustainability.
To be eligible for nomination, the alumnus or alumnae:
- Has earned 30 or more credit hours from GRCC/JC, and
- Exemplifies the core values of the college: Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Responsiveness, and Sustainability, and
- Has made outstanding strides in their professional field, and/or
- Has given outstanding service to their community, and/or
- Has shown outstanding support for Grand Rapids Community College
Nominations for the GRCC Distinguished Alumni Award are accepted on an on-going basis. All nominations are kept and reviewed annually, with the winner being selected in January of each year. The 2020 award-winner will be recognized for their achievements at Commencement on Saturday, August 1, 2020. For more information, contact Erin Van Egmond, Associate Director of College Advancement, at (616) 234-3931 or email@example.com
To receive a paper copy of this application please connect the GRCC Foundations Office at (616) 234-3939 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.