Thank you so much for attending An Evening with Rick Bayless: Building Community Through Food. On Thursday, August 31, the GRCC Foundation and Secchia Institute for Culinary Education partnered with Beacon Hill to bring author and award-winning chef Rick Bayless to Grand Rapids.
Rick engaged in conversation with guests that focused on the importance of food in building community. This one-of-a-kind interactive dining experience fundraiser allowed guests to view and experience the GRCC Fountain Hill Brewery and the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education. Guests were entertained during dinner by a discussion of panelists including Rick Bayless and the following local area chefs who prepared a gourmet meal.
- Chef Adam Watts of NOCO.
- Jay Sharkey, Corporate Chef Whirlpool/Creative Dining.
- Chef Austin Gresham, Spring Lake Country Club.
- Chef Andrew Eggert American Culinary Federation Grand Rapids Chapter/Eggert Culinary Innovations.
- Chef de Cuisine Keith Bryant six.one.six, JW Marriott.
- Executive Pastry Chef Doug Orr, Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.
Also, St. Julian Wine Company featured their premium wine brand and Ferris Coffee and Nut provided the wonderful coffee for the evening.
$18,000 was raised for GRCC's Secchia Institute for Culinary Education culinary and craft brewing student scholarships.