The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
In general, employees are eligible for up to two weeks of fully or partially paid sick leave for COVID-19 related reasons. Employees who have been employed for at least 30 days prior to their leave request may be eligible for up to an additional 10 weeks of partially paid expanded family and medical leave for qualifying reason #5 below.
An employee is entitled to take leave related to the COVID-19 if the employee is unable to work, including unable to telework, because the employee:
- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
- is caring for their child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons;
- is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
To request Emergency paid sick leave or expanded FMLA, please complete the appropriate form below and submit to your supervisor and/or the Human Resources department as soon as possible before leave commences. Verbal notice will be accepted until a form can be provided.
Please review the additional information about the emergency Paid Sick Leave and Expanded FMLA. If you have any questions, please contact: