All applicants must apply through our electronic system. Your application consists of uploading your resume/cover letter document, answering a number of questions, and selecting “Submit application.”
Once this is done, supporting documents may be uploaded to your application. You may upload documents yourself following the instructions.
You may upload letters of reference if you have them, or your supporters may attach them to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Grand Rapids Community College Human Resources
143 Bostwick Avenue NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Detailed application instructions are located in the document on the right.
Things to think about before you begin applying online:
- You should have your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript completed, saved and ready to attach to your application. Your cover letter and resume should be saved as one document.
- The system will time-out after 20 minutes of inactivity. If this happens, your information will be lost. This is an important reason why you should have your documents saved and ready for attaching.
- Pay special attention to the fields that are marked with an asterisk (*). You will not be able to submit your application without completing these fields.
Documents to Attach
- The system will allow for attachment of your cover letter, resume, transcripts and letters of recommendation. We recommend that you put your cover letter and resume in one flowing document before you upload it to your application. Your list of references can also be included at the end of your resume document. If, in the future, you wish to add additional attachments, you will have the option to add updated documents (see instructions).
What to Expect After Submitting your Application
- An automatic email message will be sent to you confirming receipt of your resume. Because our official method of communication is by email, you should have one before you apply to work at GRCC. If you do not already have an email address, there are many free sites that provide this service, including Google Gmail and Hotmail. Once you have created an email address, please return to our website to apply for the position you are interested in.
- The appropriate College staff will review your application information. If you meet the minimum qualifications and an opportunity exists, you may be contacted. This process may take several weeks.
Resetting your password
- To reset your password, click the “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” link from the Job Search webpage.