Our Grand Rapids campus has one of the largest welding facilities in the Midwest, and our graduates have gone on to work in aerospace, boiler and piping, construction and restoration welding industries. Our program also offers robotics training which prepares students to work as welding technicians in manufacturing.
Our welding program is designed to give students a hands-on experience learning oxy/fuel, shielded metal, gas tungsten, gas metal, pipe welding and robotics. These skills qualify our students for a wide variety of welding jobs in manufacturing, construction and maintenance industries. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the median pay for a welder was $18.34 per hour in 2015, and job opportunities for trained welders are expected to increase in the years ahead.
We encourage students to tailor the program to meet their education and training needs by offering:
- work experience through co-op courses.
- the potential to bypass courses by passing challenge exams.
- the option to choose a certificate before completing their degree.
- advanced-standing credits available for many high school students.
- flexible class scheduling.
Our application process makes it easy to apply today!