Best practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion encompass a three-tiered approach. Training and Development; structural changes in policies, protocols, and practices, and doing the work to acknowledge, examine, and shift our thinking. There will be times when these tasks are arduous and exhausting, but the pathway to cultural competence is worth it.
Please use the resources below to begin YOUR journey.
Google Doc Resources
*A compilation of resources are listed as hyperlinks within the Google Doc. Materials were developed by academic scholars and social justice educators.
- Protect Your Energy - Canned responses to messages that zap your energy, Author: Martina Abrahams Ilunga
The readings, videos, activities, and self-reflections are organized by stage, from interested person starting to learn all the way to committed activist looking to become more effective. It also makes a great tool to engage with people in your social network who may benefit from more accessible ways to get involved.
Statistical Information & Media/News
- Database of police killings (United States)
- FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
Statements & Think Piece Resources
- Higher Education’s Role in Promoting Racial Healing and the Power of Wonder
- How Higher Ed Can Fight Racism: ‘Speak Up When It’s Hard’
- Police Killings Against Native Americans Are Off the Charts and Off the Radar
- Black Professionals Are Going Through A Lot
- The officer who stood by as George Floyd died is Asian American. We need to talk about that
- Teachers Must Hold Themselves Accountable for Dismantling Racial Oppression
Toolbox and Multimedia Resources
- The Four I's of Oppression
- Racial Microaggressions
- An Essential Reading Guide For Fighting Racism
- Institutionalized Racism: A Syllabus
- George Floyd, Minneapolis Protests, Ahmaud Arbery & Amy Cooper Trevor Noah, The Daily Social Distancing Show
- GRCCTV - Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion *A playlist of lectures, interviews, and events
Downloadable PDF of Social Justice and Equity Resources
ODEI Training and Development
Visit our Training and Development page to explore on- and off-campus training opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion.