Have you ever thought about using your experience to educate others?
GRCC’s Workforce Training department is in need of seasoned professionals in a wide range of industries to instruct training sessions and educate our student and clients. These trainers will be contract or contingent employees.
Immediate subject areas needing instructors include:
- CDL Truck Driving - for CDL A License
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Suite, basic keyboarding classes, how to use the web, how to use Zoom.
- Employability Skills - Using scenarios students can practice, teach conflict resolutions, planning skills, financial skills, working as a team, etc.
- Integrated Mathematics - Teach basic mathematics in a way that integrates math into careers (i.e., converting fractions to decimals , measurement, etc.)
- Virtual Effectiveness Training - Teach students how to be effective in a remote work environment. Topic examples are how to offer customer service remotely, build relationships virtually and/or how to build networks virtually.
Instructors are also needed for classes that will assist students with confidence, self esteem and motivation.
All of these are part time offerings. Some daytime availability may be necessary.
If you have experience in any of these areas, and are interested in the above training opportunities, please send an email or letter of interest with information on your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Contract Training Positions
Contract Trainers – Manufacturing
Experience in basic electrical, electrical controls, plc, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical skills, CNC or precision machining, Microsoft office applications, manufacturing skills training – such as blueprint reading, metrology/gauging, shop math, basic GD&T, problem solving.
Contract Trainers – Healthcare
R.N.’s with long term care for certified nursing assistant program, certified phlebotomists, contractors with behavioral health experience
Contract Trainers – Skilled trades, public works
Experience in waste-water treatment, water certifications, environmental certifications, lead abatement certification, asbestos certification, electrical, heavy equipment operations, g.i.s., core construction, concrete, masonry, plumbing, apartment maintenance, forklift, CDL
Hours: VARY, Depends on the opportunity.
Salary: VARY, Depends on the opportunity and trainer experience.
- Conducts training programs to meet specified requirements of identified customer outcomes.
- Observes and supervises trainees in classroom and laboratory, and answers trainees’ questions.
- Creates curriculum based on customer needs.
- Manages projects and meets projected timelines as required.
- Provides prompt and efficient service to the customer and Workforce Training staff.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training manuals, demonstration models, visual aids, tutorials and reference works.
- Exercises professional judgment.
- Uses appropriate adult learning and training methods in the classroom.
- Communicates with Workforce Training staff and customers in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Collects and/or completes the necessary data such as attendance sheets, registration forms, evaluations, and time tracking in a timely and accurate manner. Returns completed paperwork in a timely manner.
- Evaluates trainees to measure progress and effectiveness of training when required.
- Practices Continuous Quality improvement to modify and improve training programs to meet existing and future needs of Workforce Training’s customers.
- Uses appropriate electronic technologies for communication.
- Follows established work safety policies and procedures
- Supports the development of training proposals as requested
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (including the position title "Contract Trainer") and resume either by email (email@example.com), fax (616) 234-4435, or by post to:
Grand Rapids Community College
622 Godfrey Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.