Ready to make 2021 the year that changes your life?
This program takes commitment, determination and fortitude. Are you ready? If so, we can empower you to get there!
Become an M-TEC Champion
Steps to Apply
- Attend the GRCC M-TEC Champions Information Session.
- After attending the Info Session, you will receive the application to apply – if you are really ready, fill it out and send it in.
The next cohort begins April 19, 2021.
We can’t wait to meet you and watch you transform your life!
About the program: A fast-track to work
The Champions program will offer 40 qualified applicants, ages 18-24, the resources to obtain job skills that can lead to a more secure and better quality of life for you and your family.
Qualified participants will attend a six-week training program that will educate and prepare you for five possible career types. The Readiness program includes: career exploration and planning, employer interaction, tours, “ready to learn” activities, financial literacy, computer/digital skills, and leadership skills.
This portion of the program meets Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Each day includes lunch.
After successful completion of part one, each student will choose and receive training in one of the following technical careers tracks:
- Public Works
- Commercial Construction
These technical paths focus on building skills and credentials so you can have gainful employment.
Requirements from the project funder:
- You must be a US Citizen or have proper authorization to work in the US.
- You must be 18 -24 years of age.
- An applicant will not be admitted to this program if they have been convicted of any of the following:
- Murder, as described in section 1111 of Title 18, United States Code
- Child abuse
- A crime involving rape or sexual assault
To learn more or determine if you qualify, attend the appropriate information session or call us at (616) 234-2533. The information session will cover the details of the Champions program including; required participant commitment, the careers offered and outcome requirements.
- Applicant needs must be in alignment with the Champions outcome.
- Each applicant must agree to obtain career technical training and employment.
- Applicant must comply with program rules and expectations.
U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration grant
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.