Funds for adjunct/part-time faculty professional development
Funds provide support for current adjunct/part-time faculty in their work for the college where the expenditure is for their professional development, including but not limited to:
- professional activities
- publications or professional dues related to their assignment at GRCC.
This fund cannot not be used for reimbursement for tangible items.
- Relate to teaching and learning and/or the field/discipline area.
- Relate to teaching assignment.
- Leads to innovative practices.
- Clearly be professional development.
- Lead to an adjunct faculty member’s learning, along with sharing what was learned with others.
- Support college strategic initiatives and meets college needs.
- $300 per person per academic year (maximum).
- Requests will be considered in the order that they are received.
- Years of service will be considered if there are two petitions that have equal merit but not enough funds are available.
- Contact respective associate dean for pre-approval. Include an attachment explaining how the request meets the requirements noted in the agreement (see above) and how the professional development will support their current position at GRCC, including the impact on their teaching.
- Complete an Employee Reimbursement Request Form.
- Attach original receipts to the Request Form and submit to the Associate Dean within six months of the activity/expense.
- Once the documents are received they will be reviewed and approved by the Associate Dean. These forms will then be returned to you for submission to the Finance Office for reimbursement. Finance requires that all reimbursement requests be submitted electronically, which means you will have to:
- 1. Scan your documents.
- 2. Submit them to Finance at email@example.com, with the subject line of:
- Subject line: The Reimbursement—your last name, your first name.
Contact the Alliance of Professional Support Staff (APSS) within the respective area: