Your Diverse Dollar Matters
When you spend your money at a small diverse business, you give that business the ability to grow, helping to create more jobs, income and wealth in our community.
The money you spend with these businesses gets redistributed back into the community to support local organizations, make improvements in our neighborhoods, stimulate our real estate market and invest in other local small businesses.
Spend your money wisely and invest in strengthening our global community! Why your diverse dollar matters.
Supplier Inclusion Team Charter
To establish and implement proactive policies and programs to ensure institutional “equal opportunity” commerce with all business classifications; with measurable benchmarks, reflective of our community, that are monitored and strongly encouraged.
Supplier Inclusion Team Advocates
Need assistance with Supplier Diversity? Feel free to contact Purchasing at ext. 3850 or any of these Supplier Diversity Team Advocates:
Chair: Lisa Freiburger
Co-Chairs: Mansfield Matthewson & Danelle Sedore
Members: David Anderson, Dan Clark, Cheryl Cole, Jeff Danner, Melissa Davis, , Kathy Keating, Joe Milito, Eric Mullen, Julie Parks, Sarah Rose, David Selmon, Jim VanDokkumburg, Jeff Vanderveen and John VanElst.
GRCC Diverse Supplier Video
DBE Supplier Directories
- City of Grand Rapids Micro-Local Business Directory
- GRABB (Grand Rapids Area Black Business Directory)
- Great Lakes Women's Business Council (find Woman Owned Businesses here - Contact Purchasing for login)
- SBA 8(a) Minority-Owned and Woman-Owned Business Directory
- VeteranOwnedBusiness.com (Veteran Business Directory)
- West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- West Michigan Minority and Woman Owned 2013 Business Directory (use internet explorer)
- West Michigan Chamber Coalition
- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Grand Rapids Black Chamber of Commerce
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women
- Great Lakes Women's Business Council
- Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- West Michigan Minority Contractors Association
- West Michigan Public Purchasing Alliance
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council