Skip to main content

Juvenile Services

Juvenile service workers help children and adolescents in corrections or human service settings. Those in this field may work in juvenile courts, juvenile detention centers, residential homes for youth, drug abuse centers and other agencies that help young people in trouble.

Although most positions require only an associate degree, students should consult with the Grand Rapids Community College Juvenile Services Program Coordinator, Lynnell Talbert, concerning degree requirements for specific jobs.

Juvenile Services (Plan Code 153) courses may be taken in any order as long as all requirements (including prerequisites) are met.

Employment within the Criminal Justice field may be delayed or denied depending on a history of convictions involving felonies, misdemeanors, and/or involving controlled substances.

Career Online Transfer