Student Employment Services provides employment support for current and former GRCC students. We are happy to assist you with Cover Letters, Resumes, References, Interview Prep and Mock Interviews. SES also offers GRCC classroom presentations on resume basics as well as individual appointments.
- Resume Guide – This guide can be helpful if you have your information and experiences down but aren’t sure how to organize it OR want to compare your resume with good examples of other resumes. Additional assistance is available with Reference lists, Cover letters and Thank you notes. Remember a sharp cover letter and resume is your ticket to an interview.
- Interview Preparation - Different employers interview in different ways. You may interview face-to-face with one person or several people, over the phone or via Webcam. A first interview with a human resources representative is often used to pre-screen candidates to determine if they are qualified for the position. This can be by phone, skype or in person. A second interview often takes place with a hiring manager. This interview may include the same questions asked during pre-screening or more in-depth questions to define your fit for the position.
- Mock Interviews: The purpose of a mock interview is to provide you (students/alumni/community) with an opportunity to practice your interviewing skills in an environment similar to an actual interview. A mock interview is a great way to become familiar with interview questions and interview etiquette. Student employment services is available to assist you as you prepare for your interview.
Drop In Resume
Student Employment Services is pleased to announce that we will have a permanent Drop In Resume Program
- 2018/2019 Fall and Winter semester
- Student Employment Services - Room 103
- Tuesday/Wednesday 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Stop in before, after or in between classes!
For any questions, concerns or opportunities, please contact Julie Earhart at email@example.com.