Work-Study vs Non Work-Study

There are three types of on-campus positions:

  • Work-Study
  • Non Work-Study
  • Community Service Work -Study 

Work-Study is a type of federal aid available in the fall & winter semesters where student wages are paid using federal funds. This program reduces costs for GRCC while increasing employment opportunities for students on-campus.

Community Service Work-Study is the same as Work-Study, however the positions are located off-site at one of GRCC's select community organizations.

Work-Study eligibility is determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting a Work-Study Request Form. It is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.

After obtaining a Work-Study position, students will receive their Work-Study award in bi-weekly paychecks based on hourly wage and hours worked.

Non Work-Study positions do not require a Work-Study award, though students with Work-Study are welcome to apply. These positions are available to any student that meets the minimum credit requirement.