Skip to main content

Homeschooled Students

Homeschooled students have the same requirements and admissions process for the Dual Enrollment/Early College Program.

High School students who qualify are:

  • Enrolled in at least one high school class and pursuing a high school diploma,
  • Maintaining a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, If the student has not yet established a high school transcript, the application will be reviewed on a case by case basis to be decided by both the high school counselor and GRCC's Academic Outreach Office.
  • Approved by your high school counselor/administrator,
  • Meet GRCC prerequisites for college courses.

Applications are best received by the following dates to increase class selection opportunities:

  • Fall – April 15
  • Winter – October 15
  • Summer – February 15

*Please note - these are best received by dates, they are not deadlines. We will continue accepting applications after these dates.

What is a transcript?

A transcript is a record of all the classes a student has taken in their high school career and the grades they earned. Each transcript should include two semesters per academic year, and a cumulative grade point average for a 4.0 grading scale. Review transcript examples for reference.

How do you apply?

Send your application, your transcript and a copy of your state approved test scores to

If I am a homeschooled student, who signs as my counselor/principal?

Most homeschooled students obtain academic guidance from their parent/guardian. In this case, your parent or guardian would be required to sign in both the "parent/guardian" and "counselor/principal" places.

Which tests or assessments are approved by the state of Michigan and what are the minimum qualifying scores?

The following tests are approved by the State of Michigan to qualify dual enrollment students: PSAT, PLAN, ACT, EXPLORE, SAT, COMPASS and MME.

The minimum qualifying scores are provided as guidelines:


  • Mathematics: 22
  • Reading: 21
  • Science: 24
  • English: 18