We're still here to help!
With limited access to campus during the COVID-19 outbreak, we want to make sure we still meet your needs. Please fill out this contact form and a staff member will be in contact with you.
Resources for students
Resources for students who live near the Lakeshore Campus:
- Ottawa Find Food - Ottawa County's program has a calendar of open food pantries and events with free food.
- Ottawa County United Way - Ottawa County United Way offers resources to housing (emergency shelters, transitional housing, homeless prevention organizations).
- Community Action House - Community Action House is a non-profit located in Holland whose goal is to end poverty and help families prosper in the Holland community. Through their different programs such as the walk-in food pantry, Community Kitchen and Community Garden. Community Action House offers food and resources to those in need. Community Action House also provides walk-in Stabilization Services which can provide instant resources, food, personal hygiene items, and referral services. Information about hours and locations can be located on their website and by calling (616) 392-2368.
- Heights of Hope Eastside Food Pantry - Heights of Hope is a Christian Community Development organization dedicated to helping those in the Holland community. Their food pantry is available as a resource for all residents of the Holland Heights neighborhood. It provides food/personal items (as supplies are available) to families or individuals. Families or individuals may use the pantry once every two weeks. The food pantry is located at the Calvary Reformed Church and is open Monday and Wednesday from 10- 11:30 a.m. and Friday from 3-4:30 p.m.
- Salvation Army Holland Food Pantry - Their Food Pantry is available to those in Southern Ottawa County & most of Allegan County who are in need of some supplemental pantry items. It offers a large selection of both perishable and non-perishable items. They are also happy to now provide specialized food items for those with distinctive dietary needs due to existing medical conditions. These include, but are not limited to: diabetes, heart disease, need for gluten-free foods, etc. Their Food Pantry is usually available to fill orders during regular business hours. Individuals in food crisis should make an appointment by calling our office at (616) 392-4461.
- Holland Rescue Mission (Family Hope Ministry Center) - The Family Hope Ministry Center is a Christian Community resource that provides a shelter and food for women and children. They have food service daily to those in need. On top of providing food and shelter, The Family Hope Ministry Center can provide clothing, personal case management financial accountability, employment assistance, parenting classes, children's programs, and religious offerings. The emergency shelter phone number is: (616) 928-3469.
- Holland Rescue Mission (Men's Ministry Center) - The Men’s Ministry Center is a Christian Community resource that provides a shelter and food for men only. On top of providing food and shelter, Family Hope Ministry Center can provide clothing, personal case management financial accountability, employment assistance, parenting classes, children's programs, and religious services. The Men's Ministry Center is located and can be reached at: (616) 928-3413.
- Muskegon Rescue Mission - Muskegon Rescue Mission is a Christian Community Resource that provides services for both Men, Women and Children (at separate locations). Muskegon Rescue Mission provides daily meals and a shelter as well as offers health services and job placement. They welcome anyone to their daily meals even those not staying in their shelter. They offer meals three times a day- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each location also has a food pantry.
- His Harvest Stand (Zeeland) - His Harvest Stand offers food and other services to the working poor and low income in the community. Programs include USDA commodity applications, free school lunches for kids, and others. They offer referrals to other Ottawa County food banks too. For more information, call (616) 784-3250.