Visiting the Student Food Pantry
The Student Food Pantry will be open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Please check in at the Student Life Office on the first floor of the Student Center.
Students enrolled in the fall 2021 semester may receive items from the pantry on a weekly basis.
First, please fill out the Student Food Pantry Intake Form to confirm that you are currently enrolled.
These types of items are offered at the food pantry:
- Non perishables (examples: soup, noodles, rice, beans, cereal, side dishes, canned fruits and veggies, etc.).
- Refrigerated and frozen foods (examples: eggs, fresh produce, frozen meats, etc.).
- Hygiene items (examples: travel size shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, menstrual hygiene products, etc.).
- Baby items (examples: diapers, wipes, baby food, formula, etc.).
About the Pantry
Grand Rapids Community College Student Alliance, the GRCC Foundation and the Office of Student Life and Conduct are proud to offer the GRCC Student Food Pantry and Snack Pantries. These pantries are designed to meet the immediate food needs of its students on campus by providing a variety of non-perishable food items and basic necessities to students and their families. The Food Pantry is located in the Student Center and will operate the same hours as the Office of Student Life and Conduct.
There are currently ten Snack Pantries on campus. The Snack Pantries provide grab-and-go options (granola bars, microwavable soups and noodles, etc.) for hungry students and are maintained in partnership by Student Life, the English department, Psi Beta, Counseling and Career Development, Library and Learning Commons and the MTec. The Snack Pantries do not require registration and food is provided when available.
Snack Pantry locations
At this time, the snack pantries are not regularly stocked. Please visit Student Life to pick up a grab-and-go bag with snacks and other portable meals. We'll update this page once the snack pantries are regularly stocked with available items.
- English, 400 College Park Plaza
- Student Center, Third Floor
- Calkins Science - Biology Learning Lab
- Enrollment Center, First Floor RJF
- Veterans Center, G2 RJF
- Library and Learning Commons
- ATC - Computer Lab
- Sneden Hall, First Floor
- Tassell MTec
- Lakeshore Campus
Unsure where any of these locations are? Check our campus map!
Terms and Conditions
When you complete the intake form you agree to the following:
- "I understand that food can only be picked up by the currently enrolled Grand Rapids Community College student who completed this intake form and that this intake form is only good for one academic term. The student must reapply for each academic term they wish to participate in the program. Only one (1) GRCC student per household may apply to the program. Food can be picked up twice per month using the specific GRCC bag. This bag will be provided on the first visit and must be brought back by the student to receive food on all future visits.
- I understand that food I receive from the Grand Rapids Community College Food Pantry has been donated or purchased from several on-campus and off-campus partners and that none of the parties or groups involved in the program make any guarantees as to the quality of the food or its value for any particular purposes. Some of the food distributed at the Grand Rapids Community College Food Pantry has surpassed its “best by” consumption date. The USDA states that “best if used by or before” date is recommended for best flavor or quality. It is not a purchase or safety date.
- By signing below, I release Grand Rapids Community College, and the original donor from any liability or harm (including injury or death) or losses in connection with the food or supplies I have received. I assume any risks and covenant not to sue the released parties with respect to such harm or losses.
- I understand that the Grand Rapids Community College Food Pantry operates on limited funds and by support of others. I will only request and take items that I reasonably expect myself and/or my family to use. I understand that this is a volunteer program run by donations. We cannot guarantee that we will have food available, but we can suggest additional locations/resources."
How to Access the Food Pantry
Students (must be enrolled in at least 1 GRCC credit) may apply to the Food Pantry Program. Please download, complete the intake form, and bring it to Student Life (1st floor Student Center, next to the Bookstore). Once your application has been reviewed you will be notified of your status by a Student Life staff member.
How to Donate
We are constantly taking donations in order to keep the shelves of the food and snack pantries stocked. Please drop off all donations to Student Life during normal business hours. The GRCC Student Food Pantry will only accept non-perishable food items. If you would like to make a donation, please consider a Meijer gift card so that we can replenish the food pantry with necessary items. Below is the list of items the pantry is in need of:
- Cans of Tuna*
- Cans of Chicken*
- Canned Stew
- Canned Chili
- Pork and Beans
- Spaghetti Sauce*
- Kidney Beans
- Peanut Butter*
- Instant Potatoes
- Canned Fruits
- Fruit Cups
- Dried Fruits
- Juice Boxes
- Macaroni and Cheese*
- Cans of Ravioli/SpaghettiO’s*
- Hamburger Helper
- Boxed Meals*
- Boxes of Cereal*
- Instant Oatmeal (individual packets) *
- Cereal Bars
- Pancake Mix
- Pop Tarts
- Muffin Mix
On the Go/Snacks
- Tortilla Chips
- Granola Bars*
- Microwave Popcorn
- Easy Mac*
- Microwaveable Non-Frozen Meals*
- Toilet Paper
- Feminine Hygiene
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
*Indicates high demand items