Skip to main content

College-sponsored travel is defined as any activity intended to promote learning or student development that requires student participation in a location other than those owned or leased by the College. College-sponsored travel includes, but is not limited to the following:

  • In-Service Area Field Trip Out-of-Service Area Field Trip
  • Study Away
  • Student Life Experiences - may take place within the GRCC service area or out of the GRCC service area.

Travel policy and process

If your event meets this threshold you need to follow the GRCC travel policy and process. Travel approval and process requires that you start this process at least one month before your travel date. This is to ensure travel and hotel accommodations.

Travel approval forms

Travel approval forms must be completed and submitted to Student Life two weeks prior to departure date, all funds must be secured prior to including extra allocation funds. The travel approval forms must be approved by the appropriate personnel which include Cathy Novisky (Dean of Students Office) and Theresa Kent-Williams (Finance and Administration Office).

College Sponsored, Risk and Release and Emergency Contact forms

All copies of the College Sponsored and the Risk and Release & Emergency Contact forms must be printed and completed by each student who travels.  These should be collected in turn into Student Life 2 weeks prior to
departure. If a student listed on the cover sheet does not submit their forms, then the student is not allowed to attend said trip. In not following proper procedure the student will meet with the Director of Student Life and Conduct for a conduct meeting.

Travel Cover Page

Lastly the advisor must submit the Travel Cover Page to the Office Coordinator of Student Life. Only one cover sheet is needed per trip.


  • College-Sponsored Travel Approval Form – Must be submitted before you make any travel arrangements. This form must be filled out by the organization's ADVISOR and the advisor must submit their Leave of Absence form to their supervisor. Here are several other forms and resources for college sponsored travel.
  • Risk and Release – Print and complete for each person attending the travel event.
  • Emergency Contact Information Form – Complete for each person attending the travel event.
  • Travel Cover Sheet – Please print and complete this form two weeks prior
    to the trip. Only one form is needed per trip.