The TRIO STEM Program supports first-generation and limited-income college students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
This federally funded program provides individualized support, tools and resources to help you be successful as you pursue your goals at GRCC.
Why join TRIO STEM?
- 1:1 support: One-on-one assistance to help you make a smooth transition from high school to college, develop goals and create a graduation plan.
- Academic support: Weekly tutoring sessions and workshops on time management, resume writing and more.
- Financial guidance: Financial advising to help you create a budget and manage credit, debt and personal finances.
- Career guidance: Tools and assistance with career development and/or planning your transfer to another college or university.
- A place to feel connected. TRIO STEM is a built-in community for students.
Who can participate in TRIO STEM?
You may join the TRIO STEM program if you:
- Are majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Are a first generation college students (neither parent completed a bachelor’s degree),
- Have a documented physical, psychological, or learning disability (that may affect your role as a college student), and/or
- have a limited family income (determined by taxable income level and family size).