The Student Emergency Assistance Fund was established to provide assistance to students at risk of not continuing their education due to unexpected financial dilemmas. GRCC employees made this personal commitment to support the success of our students. This fund is not intended to supplement financial aid awards or allow early access to financial aid refunds. Decisions are final.
Applicants to this program must meet the following criteria:
- Must be actively enrolled in the current semester and attending class.
- Must have class participation confirmed by instructor(s).
- Must demonstrate "emergency" financial need.
- Must be making successful academic progress.
- Must complete the FAFSA, if eligible. (If ineligible to complete FASFA due to any issues, speak with a Financial Aid representative.)
- May not have been a recipient of this fund in the last 12 months.
- May not be receiving maximum financial aid assistance already.
- May not be on financial aid suspension.
- May not owe money to the college.
- If the student is approved for funding, payment process will be determined by the college on a case-by-case basis. In most cases, award payments will be available within 3-5 business days. Students may be eligible for a maximum grant of up to $500/full time students and $250/part time students.
- If the student is not eligible for the grant but is approved for the loan, it must be paid back prior to the end of the semester.
- A hold is placed on the student’s account until the loan has been paid back in full. This hold prevents a student from registering for classes and obtaining an official transcript for this semester and future semesters if the debt goes unpaid.
For additional information or to submit your application along with supporting documentation, please contact: