The objectives of the Salute to Women Award are to:
- Honor GRCC women (alumna, students, employees and former employees) who are exemplary in their roles as professionals, volunteers or agents of change.
- Celebrate the diversity of the accomplishments of women throughout the College.
- Encourage young women to pursue pathways to achievement.
Criteria for Selection*
- Commitment to community service as evidenced by time and resources given.
- Achievement within her profession or community noted by her impact, demonstrated success recognition by her peers, and the difference she makes to others.
- Leadership indicated by her innovation, strength, flexibility and risk-taking.
- Empowers and inspires other women as a mentor, role model and friend.
- Has a positive impact on and is involved with students.
* Not all suggested criteria are necessary, nor is this list intended to be limiting.
Categories for Nomination:
- GRCC Alumna
- GRCC Employee
- GRCC Student
- GRCC Former Employee