Have you ever thought about using your experience to educate others?
GRCC’s Workforce Training department is looking for seasoned professionals in a while range of industries to facilitate training sessions and educate our clients.
Contract Trainers – Manufacturing
Experience in basic electrical, electrical controls, plc, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical skills, CNC or precision machining, Microsoft office applications, manufacturing skills training – such as blueprint reading, metrology/gauging, shop math, basic GD&T, problem solving.
Contract Trainers – Healthcare
R.N.’s with long term care for certified nursing assistant program, certified phlebotomists, contractors with behavioral health experience
Contract Trainers – Skilled trades, public works
Experience in waste-water treatment, water certifications, environmental certifications, lead abatement certification, asbestos certification, electrical, heavy equipment operations, g.i.s., core construction, concrete, masonry, plumbing, apartment maintenance, forklift, CDL
Hours: VARY, Depends on the opportunity.
Salary: VARY, Depends on the opportunity and trainer experience.
- Conducts training programs to meet specified requirements of identified customer outcomes.
- Observes and supervises trainees in classroom and laboratory, and answers trainees’ questions.
- Creates curriculum based on customer needs.
- Manages projects and meets projected time lines as required.
- Provides prompt and efficient service to the customer and Workforce Training staff.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training manuals, demonstration models, visual aids, tutorials and reference works.
- Exercises professional judgment.
- Uses appropriate adult learning and training methods in the classroom.
- Communicates with Workforce Training staff and customers in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Collects and/or completes the necessary data such as attendance sheets, registration forms, evaluations, and time tracking in a timely and accurate manner. Returns completed paperwork in a timely manner.
- Evaluates trainees to measure progress and effectiveness of training when required.
- Practices Continuous Quality improvement to modify and improve training programs to meet existing and future needs of Workforce Training’s customers.
- Uses appropriate electronic technologies for communication.
- Follows established work safety policies and procedures
- Supports the development of training proposals as requested
A successful contracted trainer will:
- Demonstrate customer consolation skills.
- Communicate effectively with customers, participants, and Workforce Training/GRCC staff
- Industry Experience: 4+years
- Professional designation (CPIM, CPA, PE, RN, LPN, C.N.A., etc.) preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree desired, but will consider related experience in area of expertise.
- Possess an interest in working with diverse trainee/learner populations that represents a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin, and ability.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting a learning-centered environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, individually and for the College.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule (as mutually agreed upon by the customer and Workforce Training staff).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (including the position title "Contract Trainer") and resume either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (616) 234-4435, or by post to:
Grand Rapids Community College
622 Godfrey Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mission - It is the mission of Grand Rapids Community College to provide the community with learning opportunities that enable people to achieve their goals.
Vision - Grand Rapids Community College is a vibrant institution of higher education dedicated to enriching people’s lives and contributing to the vitality of the community.
Ends Policies - In order to provide this region and its residents with learning opportunities which will enrich individual lives and contribute to the vitality of the community, the Grand Rapids Community College Board of Trustees sets forth, as its statement of purpose for Grand Rapids Community College, the achievement of the following ends:
Community Outreach - The College will be involved in the community through outreach, partnerships and resources.
Developmental Education - Students will be equipped with skills to learn and develop in order to achieve their lifelong goals.
Diversity - This College will continue to be a force that advances an understanding of diversity for all people.
Entrance & Transfer- Students will be able to enter, be successful at, and transfer beyond GRCC.
Flexible Learning - Learning opportunities will be made available through the continuing development of delivery systems.
Lifelong Learning - The College will create opportunities for persons who want to continue, renew or enrich their learning throughout their lives.
Workforce Development - GRCC will prepare people to secure employment in all sectors of the economy, to contribute to and sustain the long-term economic viability of the community.