According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the term Sabbatical originally referred to “a year of rest for the land observed every seventh year in ancient Judea”. Its purpose was to let the land renew itself so it could be more productive in the future.
Could you use a period of reflection and renewal while exploring new ideas and opportunities which will reaffirm your passion for your discipline and contribute to the Mission of Grand Rapids Community College? Consider applying for a Sabbatical, the College's most prestigious scholarly professional development opportunity.
All full-time faculty members with at least 6 years of service are eligible to apply. Please refer to the links on the right for additional information. The "Application" link includes policy details and instructions on how to apply. The "Rubric" link gives you an insight on what the Committee is looking for in an application and the Sabbatical Awards Report includes post-sabbatical reporting examples.
2015-16 Committee Members (department, member since)
- Katrina Kalisz, Chair (English, 2012)
- Mike Vargo (Arts and Sciences, 2015)
- Fiona Hert (Workforce Development, 2014)
- Lynnae Selberg (Counseling, 2014)
- Nan Schichtel (Library, 2015)
- Keith St. Clair (Social Sciences)
- Sandra Lancaster (Psychology, 2014)
- Luann Keizer (Computer Information Systems)
- Tom Kaechele (Spectrum Theater, 2014)
- Deb Nordman (Radiologic Technology, 2014)
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org