Paying by Check
Please make checks payable to GRCC Cashier's Office (include student ID# on check)
GRCC Cashier's Office
143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids MI 49503
These cards are accepted for payment of tuition and fees. (Credit and debit cards will be accepted online via your student center or over the phone by calling (616) 234-4020)
Information on FACTS Payment Plan
Tuition Refund Policy
All tuition and fee refunds are processed through Higher One.
For information about Financial Aid Refunds, see Financial Aid Important Dates
Request for complete withdrawal tuition and fees will be accepted after the semester due date and must be initiated by the student. All other refunds will follow the Financial Aid refund schedule.
All refunds of tuition and fees will be based on the student’s official withdrawal date using one of the following options:
- Online Student Center
- In person at the Enrollment Center (1st Floor Main Building)
The percentage of tuition refunded to students who drop classes will be calculated for each class based on (1) the number of calendar days (including weekends) between its start date and end date (regardless of the number of days the class has met and/or the student has attended) and (2) the date the student officially withdraws using one of the methods above. Exceptions shall be made when the College cancels a class.
- Withdrawal on or before start date of class - 100% refunds - you will not be charged for this class
- Withdrawal before 5% of calendar days - 75% refund - you will be charged 25% of the tuition for this class
- Withdrawal before 10% of calendar days - 50% refund - you will be charged 50% of the tuition for this class
Check the drop/refund dates calendar for the refund percentage by logging in to your On-line Student Center and clicking the icon to the left of your class for specfic refund dates.
The following College fees are non-refundable to students: Student Records Fee, Campus Activities Fee, Facilities Maintenance Fee and Technology Fee.
Course Fee Refund
The Course Fee is refunded based on the same percentage as the tuition refund schedule.
Tuition and Fees Appeal Process
The College realizes that, on rare occasions, students may need to appeal the published refund deadlines due to extenuating circumstances such as:
• Military deployment
• Death of an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse, or sibling)
• A documented student medical emergency
• Verifiable error on the part of Grand Rapids Community College
• Other: Provide a detailed explanation of the situation and include relevant documentation
The following reasons are not accepted:
• Incarceration/parole violation
• Job change
• Acceptance into another school
• Unaware of College withdrawal schedule
• Loss of transportation to/from class
• Personal/family concerns that impose on study/class time
• Incorrect course advising recommendations provided by “other” college
• Enlisting in the Armed Forces
• Issues between the student and the instructor
In all cases, the extenuating circumstances must have interrupted your ability to:
• Attend class(es) for a substantial length of time
• Complete the semester
• Adhere to the College’s refund policy
• Student must complete the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application.
• Attach supporting documentation. Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Emergency—Letter from health care provider explaining the general nature of medical emergency and dates in which the medical emergency occurred. The letter should also address how the medical emergency impacted the student’s ability to attend class.
- Death of Immediate Family Member—Obituary or death notice.
- College Verifiable Error—Documentation substantiating the error.
• If you receive Financial Aid, consult with a Financial Aid staff member to determine the Financial Aid impact. Refunds involving Financial Aid allocations may result in a fund repayment by the requesting student to the college.
• Filing an appeal does not relieve you from your current financial obligation to Grand Rapids Community College. You are responsible for all charges assessed on your account pending a decision.
• The appeal must be submitted by the last day of the semester for which you are seeking a refund.
• The refund appeal will be reviewed once we receive the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application and supporting documentation.
• An appointed committee will review appeals within 10 business days. After a decision has been made, we will contact you via e-mail.
• If you received Financial Aid, and you plan on returning to GRCC, you must pay back all funds indicated on your student account prior to registering for the next semester.
• In the event of a student death, this form can be completed by an immediate family member over the age of 18. An immediate family member is defined as a parent, spouse/partner, child, and/or sibling.