Winter 2016 Courses
See Syllabus for more details on the following information.
BEST/Fastest Contact Methods for Students to Use with Me:
- In-person during posted office hours or the appointment time you made with me
- Blackboard (Bb) instant messaging feature during office hours or the Bb appointment time you made with me
- Phone calls during office hours or the phone appointment time you made with me
NOTE: Because calls to my office are transferred to my personal phone, I invite you to call my office phone whenever you have questions. If I am available, I'll answer. If I'm not available, leave a message conatining the following information:
- phone #
Slowest Contact Method for Students to Use with Me: EMAIL communication...
- Because it is a false god that allows us to believe hitting the "send" button means we have successfully communicated with someone BUT, REALLY, all we did was hit a button
- Becuase nothing happens with an email (or other "instant messaging" choices) even if you get a sign that the reader opened the communication
- Becuase, unless someone reads what we sent, thinks about it, decides to respond, and actually responds...nothing has been communicated
NOTE: My learning, educating, and working styles are best when I can have real-time communication with others. I understand our current world uses technology, but our use of it does not give us the right to focus only on one-way communitcation: you know, just thinking about what we need to say whenever we desire to say it. This apporach is self-centered and makes it hard for us to break the habits that prevent us from seeing each others' humanity.