|Summer 2017 Courses||Fall 2017 Courses||Expected Winter 2018 Courses|
See Syllabus for more details on the following information.
The BEST (quickest) methods for reaching me to discuss course related topics:
- Use office hours - call or come in person
- Make an appointment
- Pick up your phone and call - 616.234.4950
EMAIL is the WORST (slowest) method for reaching me to discuss course related topics: Here is why...
- Because it is a false god that leads us to believe that hitting the "Send" button means we've communicated with someone, BUT, REALLY, ALL WE DID WAS HIT A BUTTON.
- Because nothing happens with an email (or other "instant messaging" choices) even if you get a sign that the message was "opened" - which doesn't mean it was read.
- Because, until someone reads what we sent, thinks about it, decides to respond, finds time to respond, and actually responds...nothing has been communicated.
Fall 2017 Office Hours:
|Days - To Be Determined||Times - To Be Determined|
|TUESDAYS||1PM - 4PM Campus, phone & BbIM|
|THURSDAYS||1PM - 3PM Campus, phone & BbIM|
|SUNDAYS||7PM - 9PM PHONE ONLY|
- During office hours, in-person visits outrank all others. So, if I am helping a student in-person during office hours when you call or IM - I'll ask you to wait.
- Appointments can be held in-person, by phone AND Blackboard IM.
- Using office hours at LEAST ONCE during the semester is part of earning participation points.
- For help with coursework outside of office hours - students are encouraged to make an appointment with their instructors.