Regardless of the type of complaints or grievance you would like to file, there is a place on campus for your concern to be heard. The type of concern determines where to start with your complaint, as described below. If you are still unsure about where to go, please fill out the comment form or call our office and we can point you in the right direction.
Academic Standing Concerns
Grade Appeal Process
Student Service Concerns
Student Behavior Concerns
Ethics (Harassment, Discrimination, etc.) Concerns
ADA Accommodation Concerns
- Speak to your faculty member directly, one-on-one.
- If not resolved, contact the Department Head.
- If not resolved, contact the Associate Dean.
Phone numbers for these areas can be found at here.
Contact the Student Records Office at 616.234.4121 (unless the question is about Academic Probation, at which point you would call the Counseling Center at 616.234.3900.)
The procedure and forms are located here.
- Speak with the director/manager of the department or area of concern.
- If not resolved, contact the Dean of Student Affairs Office, 313 SCC, 616.234.3925.
File an Incident Report or contact the Conduct Office, 347 SCC, 616.234.3449.
Contact the Assistant to the General Counsel, Title IX Coordinator and EEO Officer, 616.234.4176.
Contact the Coordinator of Disability Support Services, 616.234.4140 to begin process.
Contact Campus Police at 616.234.4010.