Main Navigation Menu

Change of Academic Program (Major) Form

If your declared academic program (major) is inaccurate or you have made the decision to follow a different program plan, this is the form for you! If you are unsure of your declared academic program (major), log into the Online Student Center to determine if a change is needed. To find out if a change of academic program (major) will be appropriate, MyDegree Path is a helpful tool.

When ready, fill out the form below completely, taking into consideration the following important information:

  • Students can only have one declared academic program (major). Select only one academic program (major) per submission.
  • A change of academic program (major) submission changes the catalog followed for graduation requirements to the catalog in effect at the time of the request, per the Catalog Year Policy.
  • Students with financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office at (616) 234-4030 prior to changing their academic program (major) to determine if there will be any impact on current or future financial aid.
  • Any student changing to or from a Health program must do so in writing through the Health Admissions Office. More information may be found online at
  • If the program you want is not available in the academic program (major) options, contact the appropriate department for more information.
  • Students who are currently listed as non-degree seeking must submit this form to become degree-seeking and will be contacted for additional information.
  • For more information about the different degree types offered at GRCC, please consult the GRCC catalog.
Personal Information
Degree Seeking
Non-Degree Seeking

If you are primarily interested in learning new information and NOT intending to graduate or transfer to another college at this time, please select from this category the academic plan that best describes your educational goal.