Please submit a complete admissions application packet. A complete application packet contains all documents listed in Step 2.
- Complete a Grand Rapids Community College Application.
- Application Type: Job Training
- Academic Plan: Medical Assistant Program Certificate of Completion
Complete and submit the following documentation:
- WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Reading for Information and WorkKeys® Locating Information assessments with Level scores of 4 or higher (see below for information regarding assessments)
- Typing Certificate indicating an ability to type at least 40wpm with 95% accuracy from an online testing website. (See Downloads for instructions)
- Computer Competency Badges. (See Downloads for instructions.)
- GRCC Immunization Form, including supporting documentation from a healthcare source physician office, health department, etc. (See Downloads for form.)
WorkKeys® Tests can be completed at GRCC. Register to take WorkKeys® Assessments.
If you are a graduate of a Michigan high school since 2009, you may have taken the WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Reading for Information and WorkKeys® Locating Information as part of standardized testing in 11th grade. You may obtain your scores by either contacting your high school or ACT Work Ready Communities (1-800-967-5539).
Application packets with complete paperwork may be submitted by mail, in person, by fax or email.GRCC Tassell MTEC 622 Godfrey SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Fax: 616-234-4435 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) *Email is not considered secure for healthcare information transmission.
If you need assistance or have questions about any of the application packet information, please contact Jeff Byrd, Medical Assistant Career Coach at GRCC’s Tassell MTEC at 616-234-3400.
Step 3: Secure your Funding
GRCC accepts cash, check, financial aid, third party funding or credit/debit card
To apply for Federal Student Aid & Federal Direct Student Loans:
- Create a FSA ID and password
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (use of the FSA ID and password created above is needed to complete) for the 2016-2017 aid year
- You will need your 2015 tax information and/or your parents tax information if you are considered a dependent. The GRCC School code is 002267.
The admissions team and the Medical Assistant Career Coach will work with you on finalizing the details of your financial aid and admissions paperwork. You will be notified once you have been accepted and enrolled in the program.
After Enrollment you will receive your confirmation for Mandatory Orientation.
Withdraw or Cancellation Policy:
If your situation changes and you need to withdraw your enrollment from the Medical Assistant Program, please refer to GRCC's tuition refund policy.
The Medical Assistant Program at GRCC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review Board. CAAHEP 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763 717-210-2350.