Tuition Payment options
Pay by Check
Please make checks payable to GRCC Student Financial Services.
GRCC Student Financial Services
143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids MI 49503
Credit and debit cards (MasterCard/Visa/American Express/Discover) will be accepted online via your MyGRCC Online Center.
Pay by Phone
Call (616) 234-4020 to pay securely over the phone.
Student Refund Policy
All tuition and fee refunds are processed through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.
For information about Financial Aid Refunds, see Financial Aid Important Dates.
If a student has completely withdrawn from the current semester, they may request a refund for tuition/fees after the semester due date. All other refunds will follow the Financial Aid refund schedule.
All refunds of tuition and fees will be based on the student’s official withdrawal date using one of the following options:
- Online Center
- In person at the Enrollment Center (1st floor, Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, formerly Main Building)
A student must initiate a refund by dropping a class via the Online Center or by going to the Enrollment Center or other College Service Office to obtain assistance with the online process. The percentage of tuition refunded to the students who drop classes will be calculated for each class based on (1) the number of calendar days (including weekends) between the class start date and the end date (regardless of the number of days the class has met and/or the student has attended and (2) the date the drop is initiated by the student. Exceptions shall be made when the College cancels a class.
- Withdraw before 5% of calendar days………..100% refund
- Withdraw before 10% of calendar days………50 % refund
- Withdraw after 10% of calendar days…………0% refund
The following College fees will be refunded based on the same percentage as the tuition refund schedule: Technology Fee, Facility Maintenance Fee, Campus Activity Fee and Course Fees.
The Student Records fee is non-refundable.
Check the drop/refund dates calendar for the refund percentage by logging in to your Online Center and clicking the icon to the left of your class for specific refund dates.
Tuition and Fees Appeal Process
The College realizes that, on rare occasions, students may need to appeal the published refund deadlines due to extenuating circumstances such as:
- Military deployment
- Death of an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse, or sibling)
- A documented student medical emergency
- Verifiable error on the part of Grand Rapids Community College
- Other: Provide a detailed explanation of the situation and include relevant documentation
The following reasons are not accepted:
- Incarceration/parole violation
- Job change
- Acceptance into another school
- Unaware of College withdrawal schedule
- Loss of transportation to/from class
- Personal/family concerns that impose on study/class time
- Incorrect course advising recommendations provided by “other” college
- Enlisting in the Armed Forces
- Issues between the student and the instructor
In all cases, the extenuating circumstances must have interrupted your ability to:
- Attend class(es) for a substantial length of time
- Complete the semester
- Adhere to the College’s refund policy
• If you receive Financial Aid, you must consult with a Financial Aid staff member to determine how the withdrawal will impact your current and future Financial Aid eligibility.
• Student must withdraw from classes prior to completing the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application. Classes must be dropped by the 70% drop deadline in order to be considered for a tuition and fee refund. Classes will remain on transcript with a 'W' grade. If you are not appealing all classes, you will need to submit supporting documentation explaining why you are able to remain in some of your classes but not the others. If you have an extenuating circumstance that occurs after the 70% drop deadline, please review the Late Semester Hardship Withdrawal Request process (refunds are not considered with this process).
• Attach supporting documentation. Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Emergency - Letter from health care provider explaining the general nature of medical emergency and dates in which the medical emergency occurred. The letter should also address how the medical emergency impacted the student’s ability to attend class.
- Death of Immediate Family Member - Obituary or death certificate
- College Verifiable Error - Documentation substantiating the error
• Appeals will be accepted for review for 30 days after each semester. Appeals submitted after this time period will not be accepted.
• The refund appeal will be reviewed once we receive the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application and supporting documentation.
• An appointed committee will review appeals within 10 business days. After a decision has been made, we will contact you via your GRCC e-mail.
• Filing an appeal does not relieve you from your current financial obligation to Grand Rapids Community College. You are responsible for all charges assessed on your account pending a decision. Any outstanding charges on your account after the appeal has been processed is the student's responsibility.
• In the event of a student death, this form can be completed by an immediate family member over the age of 18. An immediate family member is defined as a parent, spouse/partner, child, and/or sibling.