Group tours are reserved for groups with 10 or more members. Group tours are not intended for general school field trip purposes. Group tours are only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please read the information below and complete the group visit request at the bottom of this page. In the unlikely event that GRCC is closed due to weather, tours will also be canceled. Closings are announced on local TV stations.
The Admissions Office offers the following types of group visits:
Admissions presentation and campus tour | 90 Minutes (approx.)
This option is aimed at grades 10 - 12. It begins with a 25-minute presentation by an admissions officer, which includes information about the admissions process, GRCC programs, financial aid, and a brief question and answer session. A 60-minute walking tour, lead by a student tour guide, follows the presentation.
Middle School Group Visit | 90 Minutes (approx.)
This option is aimed at students in grades 6 - 10. It includes a presentation by an admissions officer, which includes general college information, a virtual tour of GRCC, and an interactive game.
Campus tour only | 60 Minutes (approx.)
A 60-minute walking tour only lead by a student tour guide.
Group tour requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance to allow the Admissions Office adequate time to prepare for your visit.
Before submitting a Group Tours Request form, please carefully read the following list of expectations and conditions:
- All groups must be accompanied by at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students. Group visits are limited to a maximum of 25 members, including chaperones. (In some cases we may be able to accommodate groups up to 50.)
- Group tours are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- Group tours are subject to the availability of meeting space, Admissions Office staff, and tour guides.
- Groups will arrive on time. Our staff schedules time specifically for each group. If a group arrives late, the visit will be canceled unless communication is made in advance and a different schedule is arranged.
- Group members should be attentive, respectful of staff and student tour guides, and be active participants.
- Group chaperones, not GRCC staff or student tour guides, are responsible for the behavior of their students while visiting. Admissions Office staff members and student tour guides have the authority to end a group visit due to inappropriate behavior.
- Use of electronics (cell phones, iPods, etc.) is not permitted during a group visit, including the presentation and campus tour.
- If there are any in your party who need accommodations due to a disability call us at (616) 234-4101 so these arrangements can be made.
- GRCC is a tobacco free campus. Use of tobacco while visiting campus is prohibited.
- Due to the increased demand for group tours, the Admissions Office may not be able to accommodate every request.
- By submitting a Group Tour Request, you confirm that you understand and agree to meet the expectations and conditions above.
To submit a Group Visit Request, click the link below and complete the request form. Your request is not guaranteed or confirmed until you receive an official email confirmation from the Admissions Office.