Group visits are reserved for groups of 10 or more. Group visits are not intended for general school field trip purposes. Please read the information below and complete the group visit request at the bottom of this page. In the unlikely event that GRCC is closed for any reason, visits will also be canceled. Closings are announced on local TV stations.
The Admissions Office offers the following types of group visits:
Admissions presentation and campus tour | 90 Minutes (approx.)
This option is aimed at grades 11 - 12. It begins with a 25-minute presentation by an admissions officer, which includes information about the admissions process, GRCC programs, financial aid, and a brief question and answer session. A 60-minute walking tour, lead by a student tour guide, follows the presentation.
General College Group Visit | 90 Minutes (approx.)
This option is aimed at students in grades 6 - 10. It begins with a presentation about the benefits of attending college and finishes with a fun, interactive game.
Group visits requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance to allow adequate time to prepare for your visit.
Before submitting a Group Visit Request form, please carefully read the following list of expectations and conditions:
- All groups must be accompanied by at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students. Group visits are limited to a maximum of 25 members, including chaperones. (In some cases we may be able to accommodate groups up to 50.
- Group visits are subject to the availability of meeting space, Admissions Office staff, and tour guides.
- Groups will arrive on time. Our staff schedules time specifically for your group. If a group arrives late, the visit will be canceled unless communication is made in advance and a different schedule is arranged.
- Group members should be attentive, respectful of staff and student tour guides, and be active participants.
- Group chaperones, not GRCC staff or student tour guides, are responsible for the behavior of their students while visiting. Admissions Office staff members and student tour guides have the authority to end a group visit due to inappropriate behavior.
- Use of electronics is not permitted during a group visit, including the presentation and campus tour.
- If there are any in your party who need accommodations due to a disability call us at (616) 234-4101 so these arrangements can be made.
- GRCC is a tobacco free campus. Use of tobacco while visiting campus is prohibited.
- Due to increased demand for group visits, we may not be able to accommodate every request.
- By submitting a Group Visit Request, you confirm that you understand and agree to meet the expectations and conditions above.
To submit a Group Visit Request, click the link below and complete the request form. Your request is not guaranteed or confirmed until you receive an official email confirmation from the Admissions Office.