Study Away involves a credit-bearing course specifically designed around a group-travel experience led by faculty. Study Away experiences may be local, regional, national or international.
These experiences are designed to prepare students of how to travel, acquire a functional knowledge of cultural practices and draw connections from the travel experience to course outcomes.
Participating in a study away trip is a great addition to your experience at GRCC.
Summer 2023 Destinations: Austria/Germany, Costa Rica, Morocco, and Spain
Each trip is designed by faculty with specific expertise in the destinations being traveled and building a unique itinerary that is connected to the curriculum of the course.
- A unique experience. Most community colleges don’t offer study away experiences.
- Gain additional skills. Cultural competency, personal responsibility, fundamentals of travel, intermediate language skills, and more.
- Receive support. College staff will assist you every step of the way. We have resources focused on obtaining a passport, mental health, traveling with a disability, and more.
Students who are prepared to take on additional personal responsibility are strongly encouraged to apply. Students must meet the following to be eligible:
- Must be 18-years old prior to departure.
- Must have a valid passport prior to departure.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Can not have any Student Code of Conduct violations.
- Must have a cumulative GPA above a 2.0 prior to departure.
- Must have travel and health insurance prior to departure.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to departure.
Students typically apply during the Fall semester. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Your next step is to simply schedule a meeting with a Study Away Representative to walk you through the process.