Study Away involves a credit-bearing course specifically designed around a group-travel experience led by faculty. These experiences may be national or international.
Study Away experiences are designed to prepare students of how to travel, acquire a functional knowledge of cultural practices and draw connections from the travel experience to course outcomes.
Participating in a study away trip is a great addition to your experience at GRCC.
Summer 2024 Destinations
- Costa Rica
Each trip is designed by faculty with specific expertise in the destinations being traveled allowing them to build a unique itinerary which connects to the curriculum of the course.
- A unique experience. Most community colleges are unable to offer study away experiences.
- Gain additional skills. Cultural competency, personal responsibility, fundamentals of travel, intermediate language skills, and more.
- Receive support. College staff will assist you every step of the way. We have resources focused on obtaining a passport, mental health, traveling with a disability, and more.
Students who are prepared to take on additional personal responsibility are strongly encouraged to apply. Students must meet the following to be eligible:
- Must be 18-years old prior to departure.
- Must have a valid passport prior to departure.
- Can not have any Student Code of Conduct violations.
- Must have a cumulative GPA above a 2.0 prior to departure.
Students typically apply during the Fall semester. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. All students must attend a virtual Information Session, orienting you to our travel experiences, overall cost and things to be aware of when make a decision to travel. Upon successful completion of the information session, an application will be emailed to the student.