Our Honors program is a small community of highly motivated students who want more out of their college experience.
Success in this program is not only measured by academic performance, degree completion or transfer, but also includes building collaborative relationships with faculty and peers.
Each year, students will develop strong leadership, research and service-learning skills while earning their degrees together. With personalized guidance and student support, we focus on helping you meet your full potential as a lifelong learner.
For a complete overview of the Honors Program, please consider reviewing the Honors Student Handbook.
The program shapes curricular and co-curricular activities around the four pillars: leadership, service, research and creative scholarship. Students gain skills and experience through various activities featuring the pillars.
- A unique experience unlike any in the nation. Honors students will experience a built-in support network of students and faculty to promote community and collaboration.
- Community engagement experiences in which you will find ways to serve and explore other communities.
- The opportunity to create a collaborative project showcasing your passions, and the opportunity to present your work at local, regional or national conferences.
- A dedicated advisor to help you develop clear pathways to degree completion and/or a successful transfer to a four-year institution.
- A competitive edge for transfer and employment applications upon completion.
- Scholarships covering program courses (up to $500).
- Access to transfer representatives and transfer support services.
Students who are prepared to take on additional curricular and co-curruicular activities as part of their time at GRCC are strongly encouraged to apply. Students with the below experience typically apply:
- Incoming freshmen who have a GPA above a 3.0 or an SAT score above 1100,
- Current GRCC students who have a GPA above a 3.0 "and" earned at least 6 college-level credits,
- Students who have leadership experiences,
- Students seeking a to join a community and be among other highly motivated students,
- Students seeking a competitive edge when they transfer
- Complete and submit the online program application.
Proud members of the National Collegiate Honors Council.