Our Honors program is a small community of highly motivated students who want more out of their college experience.
Honors Program Virtual Open House
On Saturday, April 17th from 10:30-12:30 p.m. students can speak with an Honors representative to learn more about the program.
The program shapes curricular and co-curricular activities around the four pillars: leadership, service, research and creative scholarship. Students gain skills and experience through various activities featuring the pillars.
- A unique experience unlike any in the nation. Honors students will experience a built-in support network of students and faculty to promote community and collaboration.
- Community engagement experiences in which you will find ways to serve and explore other communities.
- The opportunity to create a collaborative project showcasing your passions, and the opportunity to present your work at local, regional or national conferences.
- A dedicated advisor to help you develop clear pathways to degree completion and/or a successful transfer to a four-year institution.
- A competitive edge for transfer and employment applications upon completion.
- Scholarships covering program courses (up to $900).
- Access to transfer representatives and transfer support services.
- Private gathering spaces to study or socialize.
Students who are prepared to take on additional curricular and co-curruicular activities as part of their time at GRCC are strongly encouraged to apply. Students with the below credentials and experiences typically apply:
- Incoming freshmen who have a GPA above a 3.0 or an SAT score above 1100,
- Current GRCC students who have a GPA above a 3.0 "and" earned at least 6 college-level credits,
- Students who have some leadership experience,
- Students wanting to be a part of a community and be among other highly motivated students,
- Students seeking a competitive edge when they transfer