Ways to connect with me
- Individual Advising Appointments (In-person or virtual options)
- Individual appointments are great for students still deciding your major, discussing career and academic goals, or transfer planning
- Available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Appointments are made in Navigate: My Appointment Times
- Email Questions
- From your GRCC email, send me a detailed email to: email@example.com. Include the following information:
- Your GRCC student ID
- Your question, issue, or concern
- Specifics about your GRCC goal and/or the courses involved
Cassandra (Cassie) Tackett is excited to partner with students to help them achieve their academic and career goals while at GRCC and beyond. Cassie’s passion for working with students started with her dream of becoming a teacher. She earned her Special Education degree from Grand Valley State University and continued in GVSU’s Masters program in Education. Cassie is a certified Elementary Education teacher with endorsements in Early Childhood Education and Emotional Impairments. During her time at GVSU she worked on campus and discovered a passion for working in higher education. After graduating from GVSU she worked as an advisor at Wayne State University’s Advising Center and GVSU’s CLAS Advising Center. Most recently, she spent over a decade working in the College of Education at Wayne State University helping students become educators.
Cassie is thrilled to be joining the GRCC team (Go Raiders!). Her passion for inclusive teaching and learning is integrated into all of her interactions with students and staff. She believes that her educational background in teaching is the core to her philosophy that advising is teaching. When Cassie is not working with students as an academic advisor, she is spending time with her family and her three daughters.
Cassie's Winter 2023 Advising Hours
- Mondays: 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Virtual and Evening hours)
- Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.(Virtual and In-person)
- Wednesdays: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.(Virtual and In-person)