Job ID 84655
Tutor - Biology Learning Center
Up to 28 hrs/wk; days and times are flexible
This position is responsible for providing tutoring and strategies to support independent learning in the Biology Learning Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Provide individual and group tutoring in biology in both face-to-face and online formats.
● Demonstrate proficiency with the curriculum of the GRCC courses in the assigned content area.
● Work cooperatively, build rapport, and maintain a close working relationship with students, staff, faculty and administration.
● Promote and develop the academic success of students by encouraging a positive attitude and independent, self-actualized learning.
● Assist with the management and security of all resources.
● Assist in monitoring usage of the tutorial area.
● Possess excellent communication skills.
● Demonstrate professionalism and possession of character qualities including organization, promptness, courtesy, confidentiality and dependability.
● Keep the Tutorial Coordinator informed of any problems experienced by students or staff.
● Attend meetings and trainings as requested by the Tutorial Coordinator.
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Demonstrate content knowledge of areas to be tutored.
● Completion of subjects tutored with a grade of B (3.0) or higher.
● Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
● Maintain GRCC minimum course credit each semester of employment (6 in the Fall/Winter, 3 in the Summer).
● Instructor recommendation (assistance provided).
BENEFITS OF POSITION
● Flexible scheduling
● Maintenance of content knowledge
● Supportive peer academic environment
● Opportunity to use talents/skills to help others
● Mentorship by faculty Tutorial Coordinator
● Ongoing paid training to build professional skills
● Resume building
● Letters of recommendation for employment/scholarships/transferring