We're proud to support veterans and military students by providing an affordable education. We're here assist you in determining which programs will work best for your financial needs, and we can help you complete and submit the paperwork.
Your GRCC Financing Plan
GRCC's Online Center provides current students with an explanation of costs and available financial aid. Please note that VA/military tuition assistance benefits will not appear on the College Financing Plan.
To view your financing plan:
- Go to your Online Center
- Select View Financial Aid
- Choose the appropriate year
- Select College Financing Plan
Students interested in using Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits must speak with and coordinate their benefits with their education advisor, military counselor, ESO or service branch. For more information regarding the TA and how to apply, please visit military.com.
GRCC does not offer or accept any reward or remuneration from a secondary school, college, university, agency or organization for placement or recruitment of military students.
Military Service Education Portals and TA Information
- Air Force Portal
- Army Portal
- Navy Portal
- Marine Corps TA Information
- Coast Guard website
- National Guard TA Information
- Reserve TA Information
Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships
Veterans Service Organization Scholarships
The following organizations offer scholarships to active duty military, veterans, and/or their families:
- American Legion
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vietnam Veterans of America
Other Scholarships and Grant Opportunities
- Children of Veterans Tuition Grant
- This grant provides tuition assistance to children of qualified Michigan veterans who are totally and permanently disabled, MIA, or deceased due to a service-connected injury or illness. The renewable award pays a maximum of $2,800 per academic year.
- Members of the Armed Forces
- Scholarships for Military Families
- U.S. Department of Education Grants
What you need to know about your federal student loan benefits
Federal Tuition Assistance (through your military branch)
Students seeking this benefit should visit with our Certifying Official prior to submitting their request for approval in order to correctly calculate tuition rates.
State of Michigan Tuition Assistance for Guard
If you have questions about MING STAP (Michigan National Guard Student Tuition Assistance Program), visit the Michigan Department of Military & Veterans Affairs website.