College-Sponsored Student Travel Policy
The purpose of the College Sponsored Student Travel policy is to provide guidance for employees, coaches, volunteers and students when traveling away from campus to minimize risk. This webpage provides required documents and guidance for employees, coaches, volunteers and students while coordinating and participating on these travel experiences.
As an open access college, we prepare individuals to attain their goals and contribute to the Community. Our curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular experiences occur both within and beyond the boundaries of College property. Examples of these experiences include, but not limited to, athletic team competitions and training, culinary competitions, field trips, internships, recognized student organization and club travel, service learning or study away.
Guidelines, Practices and Procedures
All College Sponsored Student Travel experiences must be facilitated in accordance to the guidelines, practices and procedures detailed in the Guiding Risk and Liability Practices and Procedures document. College stakeholders should pay careful attention to submission deadlines, compliance to other College policies, submission of required documents and other procedures that impact your desired travel experience.
The Guiding Risk and Liability Practices and Procedures document provides guidance for the below travel experiences.
- Athletic team competitions and training
- Class and Field trips
- College Led Group travel
- Culinary competitions
- Recognized student organization and club travel
- Service learning
- Study Away
Supplemental Travel Documents
These documents are used to support the facilitation of College Sponsored Student Travel experiences.
- Check Request Form
- College Vehicle Driving Form
- Criminal Background Check Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Employee Leave of Absence Form
- Employee Reimbursement Form
- Field Trip Travel Expectations and Behavior Agreement
- GRCC Off Campus Student Travel Form
- Health Information Form
- Health Insurance Coverage Certification Form
- Risk and Release Form
- Service Learning Designation Request Form
- Service Learning Faculty Registration Form
- Student Service Learning Registration Form
- Student Transportation Waiver
- Study Away Extended Stay Form (via Raider Connect)
- Study Away Full Proposal
- Study Away Pre Proposal
- Study Away Student Behavior Expectations Agreement
- Study Away Student Payment Agreement
- Trip Information Cover Sheet