The Salute to Women Award celebrates the accomplishments of GRCC stakeholders that are cis or trans Women. Annually, persons who exemplify high achievement in community service, leadership, and student engagement are nominated for consideration in four categories.
Award Nomination Categories
- GRCC Alumna
- GRCC Employee
- GRCC Student
- GRCC Former Employee
- Commitment to community service that links back to the GRCC community as evidenced by time and resources given.
- Achievement within the person's profession (or major) at GRCC. Please address the nominee’s impact, demonstrated success and the difference this person makes to other GRCC stakeholders.
- Service-Leadership demonstrated through the person’s innovation, strength, flexibility and risk-taking on behalf of GRCC.
- Empowers and inspires other GRCC stakeholders as a mentor and role model.
- Has a positive impact on and is involved with GRCC students.
*Note: The criteria is not intended to be limited in scope, however, the nomination should focus on how the person has contributed in some way to the GRCC community in a manner that is relevant and responsive.
Congratulations to the 2020 Salute to Women Award recipients
Julie Parks, Workforce Training/Tassell M-Tec
Former Employee Award
Sayroan Mohamed, Major: Political Science
Dr. Lilly Anderson