GRCC remains committed to ensuring our campus remains a safe and healthy place for all members of our campus community. For the past two years, the GRCC COVID Response Team has overseen our COVID-19 response protocols and mitigation efforts. Beginning Fall 2022, the Health and Safety Team will oversee public health disease response, awareness and mitigation.
For the 2022-2023 academic year:
Current guidance and related protocols are now very dependent on personal responsibility for isolation, appropriate quarantine, exposure notifications, and mask use.
- Campus protocols will continue to align with CDC and MDHHS guidance.
- Masks are optional in all areas on campus.
- Face coverings may still be required in limited areas where external entities or industry standards require them (health programs, Early Childhood Learning Lab, etc.)
- Individual reporting via the Online Center or to the GRCC Health Screening Team is no longer required.
- Personal responsibility is expected:
- If you're sick, stay home.
- Follow appropriate COVID-19 protocols:
- Isolate in the event of a positive COVID-19 test.
- Notify individuals who may have been exposed.
- Students are still expected to notify faculty if they will be out due to illness.
- Classrooms and labs are at 100% capacity.
- All individuals should continue to practice healthy hygiene habits to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and other illness.
*What to do if you ...
Visit the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Contain Covid website to learn what to do if you:
- Test positive for COVID.
- Are exposed to COVID.
- Are waiting for COVID test results.
*Updated summer 2022
Testing for COVID-19
- Read the CDC's At-Home COVID-19 Testing Guidelines
- See testing facilities in Kent County
- See testing facilities in Ottawa County
For information or to report issues or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org