Azusena (Suzy) Nevares is passionate about assisting students along their educational journey. She began her journey with GRCC as a first-generation college student. After graduating college, she then became a GRCC Student Success Coach in 2016, and became the first admissions recruiter for our Lakeshore Campus in 2019. Suzy is also bilingual in English and Spanish and works closely with our Spanish-speaking community.
Suzy’s current role as an academic advisor has her connecting with students across Ottawa, Allegan and Kent County. She guides students with class recommendations to assure students are on the right path to achieving their educational goal.
Degrees and Certifications
- Grand Rapids Community College, Substance Abuse Certificate, 2020– 2021
- Western Michigan University, Masters of Social Work (MSW), 2017 – 2018
- Western Michigan University, Bachelor of Social Work, 2014 – 2016
- Grand Rapids Community College Associate of Arts (AA), 2011 – 2014
Advising for Winter 2023 semester
1.) Schedule an Advising Appointment: My Appointment Times
- I offer in- person one on one appointments with me at the Lakeshore Campus located in Holland MI.
- I offer Zoom appointments via my personal zoom room. I will send you the link in a confirmation email to your GRCC account. (Video or Phone available)
2.) Attend Express Advising in-person on Fridays at the Lakeshore Campus in Holland MI.
- Dates: Oct. 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 11 and 18th
- Time: 1-3 p.m.
- Registration assistance will be provided
3.) Express Zoom Advising
- Wednesdays on Oct. 12, 26 & Nov. 9
- Time: 4-6 p.m.
- 12-15 minutes per student
- Sign up via Navigate