Skip to main content

Whether you have had accommodations before and would like to discuss additional options, or if you have never had accommodations and believe they may be appropriate now, please reach out to us. You can contact Jennifer Kelly at or (616) 234-3134, or your HR Generalist.

Accommodations Requests

If you are a faculty or staff member who is in need of an accommodation for a temporary or permanent disability which will aid you in performing your job functions, please complete the Disability Accommodations Request Form and submit it to Jennifer Kelly, Labor Relations & Equal Opportunity Generalist.

Jennifer serves as GRCC's ADA Coordinator. You may email or call (616) 234-3134 with questions about the process and to request more information about accommodations in general.

Accommodations Process

Generally, if an employee requests an accommodation in the workplace, the employee will be asked to submit documentation of the qualifying disability and requested accommodations in writing, via the Disability Accommodations Request Form. Documentation of the qualifying disability should be from the medical practitioner who diagnosed the disability or who is providing care related to the disability. In reviewing requests for accommodations, every effort will be made to keep all communications confidential. The ADA Coordinator will engage in a dialogue with the employee to answer any questions about the process or the specific accommodation requested.

Human Resources Generalists

You may also contact your HR Generalist to get you started on this process, or to answer questions you may have.