The Salute to Women Award celebrates the accomplishments of persons with ties to Grand Rapids Community College that identify as Women. Annually, people who exemplify high achievement in community service, leadership, and student engagement are nominated for consideration of the Salute to Women Award in four categories. The Salute to Women Awards Reception culminates Women’s History Month by honoring all nominees as well as Award recipients.
Nominations for the 2020 Salute to Women Award must be submitted by February 1, 2020.
The Awards Reception will take place on Wednesday, March 31, 2020 at 1 p.m. in Sneden Hall, room 108.
Award Nomination Categories
- GRCC Alumna
- GRCC Employee
- GRCC Student
- GRCC Former Employee
- Commitment to community service that links back to GRCC community as evidenced by time and resources given.
- Achievement within her profession (or major) at GRCC. Please address the nominees impact, demonstrated success and the difference this person makes to other GRCC stakeholders.
- Service-Leadership demonstrated through the persons innovation, strength, flexibility and risk-taking on behalf of GRCC.
- Empowers and inspires other GRCC stakeholders as a mentor and role model
- Has a positive impact on and is involved with GRCC students.
* The criteria is not intended to be limited in scope, however, the nomination should focus on how the person has contributed in some way to the GRCC community in a manner that is relevant and responsive.