Student Loan Instructions
Remember you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours each semester you wish to receive a student loan.
- Log in to your MyGRCC account.
- Select the Online Center tile.
- Select the Financial Aid tile.
- Under the awards menu, select Accept/Decline.
- You must Accept, Reduce, or Decline the loans that are offered to you:
- To make any decision, you must select the edit tool (pencil) icon first.
- To accept or decline all of your awards, click Actions and select Accept All or Decline All.
- To Accept or Decline each loan, click the Select box next to each loan and make a decision. To accept a partial amount, after you check accept, check the Reduce box and type the amount you would like to accept in the Accepted column. You may not type in a value greater than what has been offered.
- If you are awarded loans for both fall and winter the amount you accept will be split evenly between the two semesters.
- When you are finished making your decisions, hit Submit.
- If you wish to change your loan amount after you have submitted your decision you must complete either the Loan Increase/Adjustment Request form or the Loan Reduction/Cancellation Request form located on our Financial Aid Forms webpage.
6. You must also complete financial aid student responsibilities. To do so, go back to the Homepage and select your Task tile. Read each section carefully and change the toggle to I Agree. When you are finished, select the Accept Student Responsibilities button.
7. If you are a NEW Student Borrower, click the Loan Entrance Counseling and Loan Agreement (MPN) link or go to studentaid.gov to complete your Entrance Counseling and Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note). You will need to select Complete Aid Process and then select the requirement that you need to complete.
- You will need your FSA ID and password to complete these steps.