Learn and build your skills for college or work
It does not matter how old you are, what language you speak, or how much education you have. Adult Education ESL can help you get from where you are, to where you want to go.
NOTE: Due to Covid-19, we are offering our classes virtually through Zoom and hybrid during the weekends. Technology and Internet are required to participate in our program.
The classes includes the following services but not limited:
- English as Second Language (ESL) Classes.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
- Tutoring Services.
- Improve your computer skills.
- Career Coaching.
- Fill out the Adult Education interest form to be placed in the call list for the next semesters.
- Must take CASAS pre-tests and pay $5.00 non-refundable, testing fee.
- If student is eligible to enroll for ESL Classes, must pay $25, non-refundable for class registration fee per semester
Participant requirements for ESL Program
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Must score 200 – 235 on the CASAS Pre-test to be eligible in our program per state requirements.
- Must have a valid government issued ID or Passport (Foreign ID are acceptable)
Adult Education Program Calendar 2022-23
|Semester||Start date||end date|
|Summer 2022||Monday July 11, 2022||Thursday August 18, 2022|
|Fall 2022||Monday September 12, 2022||Thursday December 8, 2022|
|Winter 2023||Monday February 6, 2023||Thursday May 11, 2023|
We are located in downtown Grand Rapids where we offer high-quality English proficiency instruction to residents in neighborhood sites that are accessible and familiar. English instructions are provided by GRCC and Literacy Center instructors.
Our programs are funded by Michigan Workforce Development Agency which meet all federal and state guidelines.
Explore the program you are interested and learn why GRCC is the best choice for so many students in West Michigan.