Skip to main content

Music, A.M. (Western Michigan University)

Instrumental, Keyboard, Vocal, or Jazz Studies Music Performance Majors can graduate with a GRCC Associate of Music and transfer to Western Michigan University (WMU) to obtain a bachelor's degree.

Your associate degree will prepare you to transfer and earn a degree in:

  • Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy.
  • Bachelor of Arts in Music.
  • Bachelor of Music in Music Composition.
  • Bachelor of Music.

The GRCC Director of the Music Department will work with you to plan your degree, and semester course schedules, to make sure you meet your WMU transfer program requirements. For example, students must complete at least 60 credits at Western Michigan University in order to earn a bachelor's degree. Because of this, depending on how many credits are required for a student's intended Western Michigan University Music program, completing the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) may not be beneficial. In these cases, lower-level general education courses typically completed at GRCC before transfer, will instead be completed at WMU.

The GRCC Music Department is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music.

Program Courses and Requirements


Additional Information

Want to learn more about this area of study?

Visit the Department of Music

Questions about this program?

Department email:

Department phone: (616) 234-3940