Engage in new learning experiences by applying for a fellowship, internship or award. Programs are offered throughout the year - check back for new additions! These funded learning opportunities are open to any GRCC student.
GLACE (Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments)
The GLACE (Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments) fellowship offers GRCC students an opportunity to earn U-M credit this summer through a fully-funded, four-week program while living in Northern Michigan at the UMBS.
- Faculty teach three interconnected, two-credit courses: one in English, one in English/Anthropology, and one in English/American Culture at the research campus.
- Explore concepts such as place, natural history, and cultural identity through texts and in hands-on ways, with the local landscape and its inhabitants, ecologies, and histories.
- Application open to ANY GRCC student.
- Deadline - March 15.
Apply for the GLACE Fellowship
optiMize moMentum Fellowship
Do you care about creating positive social impact? Want to get $500 for a 2-day hybrid program with the University of Michigan that introduces you to U-M's most socially-engaged students, staff, and faculty? The optiMize moMentum Fellowship provides prospective transfer students an opportunity to work on social impact projects and to connect them with resources at the University of Michigan.
- Students participating in this 2-day program May 8&9 at GRCC will be awarded a $500 stipend.
- Led by U-M student leaders who transferred from community colleges.
- Meals provided.
- Rolling admission through April 30 - Please complete this application as soon as possible!