Engage in new learning experiences by applying for a fellowship, internship or award. Programs are offered throughout the year - check back for new additions! These funded learning opportunities are open to any GRCC student.
Community College Summer Fellowship Program (CCSFP)
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) at the University of Michigan (UM), Ann Arbor offers a 10-week paid State-Wide Summer Research Fellowship for currently enrolled Michigan community college students who are interested in transferring to a four-year university. Gain research experience, meet other students and professors, and build your academic skills! Summer 2024 program runs from May 28th - August 2nd. Summer 2024 application opens December 4th, 2023.
Research projects are available in ALL fields including:
- Social Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
The program seeks to attract a diverse student population, including women and historically underrepresented students, first generation college students, students from low-income backgrounds, and veterans. No prior research experience necessary to be in this program!
Application opens December 4th, 2023.
Attend a virtual info session to learn more! Thursdays at 5 p.m.
- November 30, 2023
- January 11, 2024
- January 18, 2024
GLACE (Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments)
The GLACE (Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments) fellowship offers GRCC students an opportunity to earn U-M credit this summer through a fully-funded, four-week program while living in Northern Michigan at the UMBS.
- Faculty teach three interconnected, two-credit courses: one in English, one in English/Anthropology, and one in English/American Culture at the research campus.
- Explore concepts such as place, natural history, and cultural identity through texts and in hands-on ways, with the local landscape and its inhabitants, ecologies, and histories.
- Application open to ANY GRCC student.
- Deadline - Look for Summer 2024 information soon!
optiMize moMentum Fellowship
Do you care about creating positive social impact? Want to get $500 for a 2-day hybrid program with the University of Michigan that introduces you to U-M's most socially-engaged students, staff, and faculty? The optiMize moMentum Fellowship provides prospective transfer students an opportunity to work on social impact projects and to connect them with resources at the University of Michigan.
- Students participating in this 2-day program in May will be awarded a $500 stipend.
- Led by U-M student leaders who transferred from community colleges.
- Meals provided.
- Application closed - Look for other opportunities in Winter 2024 semester!
optiMize Social Innovation Challenge
The optiMize Social Innovation Challenge (SIC) brings together students from across the state, working on projects for positive impact. Join with an existing project or pitch a new idea. Get personalized mentorship, supportive community, and action-based workshops. Then pitch for up to $10,000!
Application Deadline: October 2023
Community Leadership Fellows
The Community Leadership Fellows (CLF) program with the University of Michigan offers a combination fellowship and internship experience for undergraduate students. Fellows are placed with a local GR community organization and
- Spend the Academic year (September - April) interning for ~8-9 hours per week.
- Twice a month, student fellows gather virtually for cohort meetings to discuss personal, professional, and leadership development.
- Receive a $5,000 stipend paid out over the course of the year.
- Application opens in summer and is reviewed on a rolling basis.
Like other Transfer Bridges programs, this is a great opportunity to pursue what you're passionate about while also getting to know staff, students, and faculty at the UM-Ann Arbor campus. This program is especially valuable for students who have an interest in social change, community organizing, and civic engagement, or whose career interests include advocacy and social services. Questions? Email Leanne.
Note: CLF has been filled for Academic Year 2023-2024.