A free 5-week in-person summer program to help graduating high school seniors prepare for college.
Bridges to College - Raider Ready is open to 2022 and 2023 high school graduates from Kent County and Ottawa County who are planning to attend GRCC in the fall. Students will have access to laptops and Wi-Fi hotspots while they are in the program.
Seats are limited, and students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bridges to College - Raider Ready is focused on student learning through:
- Supporting reading, writing and math skills.
- Utilizing an-online and in-person model of instruction.
- Activities to get students ready to become a GRCC Raider, and help them build a sense of belonging at Grand Rapids Community College.
Students will work with college navigators to prepare for their higher education experience in the fall. They’ll meet with advisers, learn about financial aid opportunities, and gain career readiness skills.
GRCC will provide:
- All of the learning materials.
- Breakfast each day.
- Lunch on field trip days.
- Field trip transportation.
- Bus passes for transportation to and from GRCC during the program.
Steps to Enroll
- Fill out the Bridges to College - Raider Ready Interest Form. A program coordinator will then contact you to provide more information.
- Attend an information session and schedule your placement test. In-person or virtual options will be available.
- Participate Bridges to College - Raider Ready orientation.
Bridges to College - Raider Ready will be offered two separate times this summer at the GRCC Main Campus in Grand Rapids, and at the GRCC Lakeshore Campus in Holland.
Sessions are held in the morning, leaving time for summer jobs and activities.
|Start Date<||End Date|
|1st Session||Monday, June 6, 2023||Friday, July 7, 2023|
|2nd Session||Monday, July 10, 2023||Friday, August 11, 2023|
About Bridges to College, Raider Ready
Grand Rapids Community College wants to support the hard work of our K-12 partners. We also want to be a valuable resource for the communities we serve. Everyone benefits when students are best prepared to be successful when heading to college.
Students in this summer program will go through a comprehensive college writing component, and self-paced mathematics adaptive knowledge exposure through an online program called ALEKS.
Summer 2022 is the second year of Bridges to College - Raider Ready. In 2021, nearly 80 % of the 170 students who completed the program improved academically over the course of the summer and said they felt more confident in their abilities and more knowledgeable about support services available to continue helping them.