A free summer program to help graduating high school seniors prepare for college.
Bridges to College - Raider Ready is a 5-week in-person summer program. It is open to 2021 and 2020 high school graduates whether they are planning to attend GRCC in the fall, or another college or university. Students will have access to laptops and Wi-Fi hotspots while they are in the program.
This FREE summer program is focused on student learning through:
- Supporting reading, writing, and math skills.
- Utilizing a hybrid model of instruction and an array of student support services.
- Including other college-going and Raider sense of belonging activities
Students will be going through a comprehensive college writing component, and self-paced mathematics adaptive knowledge (ALEKS) exposure.
GRCC will provide:
- All of the learning materials.
- Daily breakfasts.
- Lunch on field trip days.
- Bus passes for transportation to and from the program.
Grand Rapids Community College wants to support the hard work of our K-12 districts partners. We also want to be a valuable resource for the greater communities we serve. Everyone benefits when students are best prepared to be successful when heading to college.
Bridges to College - Raider Ready will be offered two separate times this summer at the GRCC Main Campus, and at the GRCC Lakeshore Campus in the Midtown Center.
|Start Date||End Date|
|First Session||Tuesday, June 8||Tuesday, July 6|
|Second Session||Monday, July 12||Thursday, August 12|
Seats are limited. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please fill out the Bridges to College - Raider Ready Interest Form.
- A Program Coordinator or Manager will contact you to provide with more information.
- Attend an information session and schedule your placement testing. In-person or virtual options will be available.
- Participate a program orientation.