Tutoring services are available in a variety of delivery formats. We encourage you to connect with a subject-specific tutorial lab for support. Access to Blackboard resources, including Zoom meeting rooms, are provided by each subject-specific tutorial lab.
Drop-in tutoring support
- In-person tutorial support is available in each subject-specific tutorial lab.
- Online tutoring support for each subject-specific tutorial lab is accessed through Blackboard.
- View Tutorial Labs for a list of labs, their websites, hours of support, and detailed connection instructions.
Appointment-based tutoring is designed to supplement the support provided by the subject-specific tutorial labs and is available for specific IRW and MA classes (IRW 97 & 98, MA 97, 98, 99, and 107). Availability for other subjects may be limited..
- The application to request appointment-based tutoring is available in the Academic Support & Tutoring Services office located in room 232 of the GRCC Library or can be downloaded: Tutor Request Form 2022
- Completed Tutor Requests Forms can be returned to the ASTS Office or email to: email@example.com
- Each request will receive a follow-up communication.
GRCC Technology Workshops
These interactive workshops are designed to help students better understand and navigate the technology they will use while taking classes at GRCC.
The Workshops will demonstrate the following:
- Usernames and Passwords
- Online Student Center
- Remote Access to software
- Student Email
The workshops are held through the month of September on Mondays and Wednesdays from
10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. Seating is limited so sign up early.
|Monday, August 22||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Monday, August 22||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Wednesday, August 24||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Wednesday, August 24||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Monday, September 12||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Monday, September 12||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Wednesday, September 14||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Wednesday, September 14||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Monday, September 19||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Monday, September 19||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Tuesday, September 20||11 am||Lakeshore Campus||Register|
|Wednesday, September 21||10 a.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Wednesday, September 21||1 p.m.||ATC Room 217||Register|
|Thursday, September 22||2 p.m.||Lakeshore Campus||Register|
Academic Support & Tutoring Services is committed to student success and is a main point of contact for students who need help with their academic coursework. Knowledgeable and encouraging tutors provide students with tutorial and academic support through a variety of services. These services continue to evolve to meet the needs of our student population and ever-changing learning formats. Today, there are eight subject-specific tutorial labs staffed by professional tutors and peer tutors, a strong appointment-based peer tutoring program, and a variety of targeted programs that support student success.
We encourage students to take advantage of the services we offer. All current GRCC students are welcome, and all student support services are free.
Provide tutorial services to promote independent learning and enhance individual academic success.