Tutoring services are available in a variety of delivery formats. We encourage you to connect with a subject-specific tutorial lab for support. Access to Blackboard resources, including Zoom meeting rooms, are provided by each subject-specific tutorial lab.
Drop-in tutoring support
- In-person tutorial support is available in each subject-specific tutorial lab.
- Online tutoring support for each subject-specific tutorial lab is accessed through Blackboard.
How to connect with online tutoring
- Login to Blackboard.
- Scroll down to “My Organizations” at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the desired tutorial lab.
- Read the information on the Announcement on the front page to find information on expectations and how to access online tutoring.
- Click the link provided and enter the password which is also provided.
Lakeshore Tutoring Hours
Rm 128 - Lakeshore (Holland) Campus
Language Arts / Reading and Writing Support
- Tuesday: 6-8 p.m. (IP)
- Wednesday 6-8 p.m. (IP)
- Thursday: 6-8 p.m. (IP)
- Mondays: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (IP)
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (IP)
- Wednesday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (IP)
- Thursday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (IP)
IP = in-person
Academic Support & Tutoring Services is committed to student success and is a main point of contact for students who need help with their academic coursework. Knowledgeable and encouraging tutors provide students with tutorial and academic support through a variety of services. These services continue to evolve to meet the needs of our student population and ever-changing learning formats. Today, there are eight subject-specific tutorial labs staffed by professional tutors and peer tutors, a strong appointment-based peer tutoring program, and a variety of targeted programs that support student success.
We encourage students to take advantage of the services we offer. All current GRCC students are welcome, and all student support services are free.
Provide tutorial services to promote independent learning and enhance individual academic success.
Room 232 Learning Center (GRCC Library)