Tutoring services are available in a variety of delivery formats. We encourage you to connect with a subject-specific tutorial lab for support. Access to Blackboard resources, including Zoom meeting rooms, are provided by each subject-specific tutorial lab.
Virtual & in-person tutoring by drop-in or appointment
- In-person and virtual support is available by drop-in and by appointment, which can be scheduled through Navigate.
- In-person tutoring is located at 501 Cook Hall
- The Zoom link for online tutoring is accessed through Blackboard; when scheduling an appointment, a Zoom link will be sent to you directly.
Schedule a virtual or in-person appointment
Appointments can only be made 24 hours in advance through Navigate. For more immediate assistance, please drop-in to the lab). To schedule an appointment:
- Make sure you are logged in to your MyGRCC account
- Click the "Schedule Appointment" icon below and follow the prompts. You will be able to choose to meet with a tutor via Zoom or in person.
Check your student email account for appointment confirmation and additional instructions. If you need assistance accessing your student email account, contact IT Customer Support.
Access virtual drop-in tutoring
- Login to Blackboard.
- Scroll down to My Organizations at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Language Arts Online Tutorial Lab.*
- Read the information on the Announcement on the front page to find information on expectations and how to access online tutoring.
- Click the link provided and enter the password which is also provided.
*If the Language Arts Online Tutorial Lab does not appear under your "My Organizations" list, please contact IT at (616) 234-4357.
Winter 2023 Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (in-person + virtual)
- Monday - Thursday: 7-9 p.m. (virtual only)
- Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (in-person and virtual)
- Every other Sunday: 6-9 p.m. (virtual only)
International Language Tutoring Hours
- Mondays and Wednesdays: Noon-3 p.m. (in-person + virtual)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (in-person + virtual)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7-9 p.m. (virtual only)
- Tuesdays: Noon-6 p.m. (in-person + virtual)
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (in-person + virtual)
- Fridays 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: Noon-6 p.m.
The Language Arts Tutorial Lab provides support to all students who have questions related to reading, writing, or language studies.
The lab is staffed by professional and student tutors with varying degree levels in differing majors, all of whom are passionate about helping students improve and grow.
Most tutoring sessions last between 20-30 minutes and students, and students are welcome to come and go as they please.
Provide tutorial services to promote independent learning and enhance individual academic success.
The Language Arts Tutorial Lab offers a variety of resources designed to help students succeed in their classes and beyond. Please check out our resources on Blackboard, which you can find by visiting the Language Arts Lab Online Tutorial Lab under “My Organizations”.
We also have writing resources available for anyone to use as needed. These tipsheets cover a variety of topics including citations, thesis statements, comma use, and more!
Phone: (616) 234-4244