Tutoring services are available in a variety of delivery formats. We encourage you to connect with a subject-specific tutorial lab for support. Access to Blackboard resources, including Zoom meeting rooms, are provided by each subject-specific tutorial lab.
Drop-in tutoring support
- In-person tutorial support is available in each subject-specific tutorial lab.
- Online tutoring support for each subject-specific tutorial lab is accessed through Blackboard.
How to connect with online tutoring
- Login to Blackboard.
- Scroll down to My Organizations at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen .
- Click on Language Arts Online Tutorial Lab.
- Read the information on the Announcement on the front page to find information on expectations and how to access online tutoring.
- Click the link provided and enter the password which is also provided.
Grand Rapids Tutoring Hours
501 Cook Academic Hall
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (in-person and virtual); 7-9 p.m. (virtual only)
Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (in-person and virtual)
Sunday: 6-9 p.m. (virtual only)
In addition to English reading and writing support, several Language Arts Lab tutors speak and tutor foreign languages. Spanish, French, and German tutors are available during the times below.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.-noon.
Wednesday: 3-6 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.-noon
Friday: 9 a.m.-noon
Every other Sunday: 6-9 p.m. *see Blackboard for dates
Monday: 7-9 p.m.
Tuesday: noon-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Wednesday: noon-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: noon-6 p.m.
Lakeshore Tutoring Hours
Rm 128 - Lakeshore (Holland) Campus
Monday and Wednesday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 1-6 p.m.
The Language Arts Tutorial Lab provides support to all students who have questions related to reading, writing, or language studies.
The lab is staffed by professional and student tutors with varying degree levels in differing majors, all of whom are passionate about helping students improve and grow.
Most tutoring sessions last between 20-30 minutes and students do not need to make appointments--they are welcome to come and go as they please!
Provide tutorial services to promote independent learning and enhance individual academic success.
The Language Arts Tutorial Lab offers a variety of resources designed to help students succeed in their classes and beyond. Please check out our resources on Blackboard, which you can find by visiting the Language Arts Lab Online Tutorial Lab under “My Organizations”